✞ PAMPA OUTLAW ✞

11780005B

What is tHERAPY Recycle & Exorcise?

We produce sustainable fashion via D.I.Y. We aim to re connect fashion with self expression, personal identity, environmental awareness and self-fulfillment in opposition to its actual condition as dissatisfaction and consumerism generator and second most polluting industry in the world.

For this reason, our style is totally connected with our own personal style and taste. We describe it with the words EMPOWERING SUBCOUTOURE.

We create all kind of pieces inspired by urban subcultures as punk, glam rock, Schwarze Szene and BDSM. We are lovers of (re)design and authenticity. We promote  unique fashion with an accent on consciousness, responsibility and sustainability. WE REMAKE FASHION. THE RESULT IS A MIXTURE BETWEEN REWORKED VINTAGE & WEARABLE ART

In 2016 we were selected by NJAL as Black Sheep desginers.  as chosen because of the mission the company set for itself: stand out, swim against the stream, break moulds and change the landscape of fashion.

11800035B

About the new collection 2017

✞ PAMPA OUTLAW ✞

We explore our Argentinian roots, our identity, history and popular culture. With this collection we want to rethink the local fashion industry.

We concentrated on traditional icons from our popular culture, such as the famous pagan figure of the Gauchito Gil, a local gaucho from the 19th century who was both a martyr and a renegade.

The gaucho figure was our main source of inspiration for the aesthetic and concept of this collection. The gaucho, our local cowboy, was a criollo, the son of the spanish colonizer and the aborigines. He was typically a rebel, an outsider who lived by his own rules, in harmony with nature and the original inhabitants of this lands, the Pampas. The gaucho defended national values, but even so, he was considered a rebel. He did not respected the ruling political class that responded to the Spanish crown. In many cases, the gaucho was considered a bandit for living isolated from society, a society that he considered corrupt and europeanizing.

11810021B

Pampa Outlaw. Zero waste and awareness

By producing this collection we did not only not to generated waste. We also used waste as our basic raw material. The collection is composed by a 90% from leather and metal discards from the local industry of leather goods and footwear in Argentina, as well as discarded materials from the production of our own former collections and some customized vintage pieces of clothing. The other 10% of the materials is composed by new supplies necessary for the completion of the garments (rivets, eyelets).

The leather and metalic waste we used can be found in some rare deposits that sale these remnants. They are purchased by private individuals for personal use. There is no national policy for the treatment or use of this type of disposal materials, which end up in most cases in the trash can.

We intend to open a debate about the sustainability of the fashion industry in Argentina. We are also aware that particularly leather production is highly polluting. We also pretend to focus on this issue and ask questions that lead to possible sustainable alternatives.

Leather industry has been traditional in Argentina since the end of the 19th century, in conjunction with the development of livestock and the refrigeration industry. 80% of production is exported in the form of semi-finished and finished leathers and the remaining 20% supplies the domestic market in the footwear, leather goods and leather goods industry. The most tanneries are located in the Matanza-Riachuelo basin, in Buenos Aires city. The tannery sector was identified in 2006 by the National Secretariat of Environment and Sustainable Development as responsible for 50% of the environmental degradation of the area. With around 170 tanneries, it is the most polluting industry in the area.

500 kg of chemicals are needed to process one ton of leather. The production generates large volumes of solid and liquid waste with a combination of organic and inorganic compounds.

Great leather industries in Argentina have not adopted effective strategies to end the problem of contamination of water by dumping of dangerous substances, taking advantage of lax local legislation and lack of controls. ACUMAR is the agency dedicated to monitoring and controlling the environmental situation in the area.

11780007B11780018B11780024B11790013B11790014B11790016B11790027B11790032B11790036B11800004B11800030B11800039B11810001B11810004B11810008B11810016B11810024B

 

Photo & Styling: Mariángeles y Paula Aguirre @poli_aguirre

Model: Eugenia Robles @eurobless

Full wardrobe: Pampa Outlaw collection by Therapy Recycle & Exorcise @therapy_recyclexorcise_berlin

Locations: Región Pampeana de Córdoba, Argentina

Special thanks to Jorge Valinotto for taking us to this awesome locations @jorge_valinotto

 

www.facebook.com/TherapyRecycleAndExorcise

therapy-recycle-and-exorcise.tumblr.com

Submit a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s